Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Did you eat my Mommy?

I don't even know where to begin with this one.  It's not that I'm against plastic surgery, but if you are getting so much work done that your children might not recognize you from day to day then there might be a problem.  If mothers are so worried about there appearance that they need a book to explain their insecurities to their children then maybe they should have considered adoption more closely.


My Beautiful Mommy


It's even better, or worse, that this was written by an actual doctor, who is obviously seeing the psychological problems that his work may be causing to the children of his patients.  He even had the audacity to compare these changes to that of a caterpillar changing into a butterfly, like this is common thing that every child and mother has to go through.  I truly think that this book is a huge scam and unnecessary for a normal household, but I guess normal isn't in these days.  The illustrations and story line are also pretty hilarious, taking serious procedures and dumbing them down to "blah, blah, tummy tuck, blah, blah, nose job...", conversations being had between the doctor and mother.  How much can this truly be teaching kids?  And honestly WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY THAT?!??!

5 comments:

  1. haha I was doing research on children's books and this popped up! and I was like this has to be what Sam was telling me about, and it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha awesome! I will definitely be buying this for the next baby shower I go to lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, it is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. It matches to my requirements a lot. Thank you for writing this information. 인스타팔로워늘리기

    ReplyDelete